Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education Limited ABN 91 096 854 385 (FARE), its staff, volunteers and interns who operate:
- any FARE social media profiles; and
- any of our services,
1. What type of data may we collect and hold?
- Personal Information: Personal Information about you to enable us to provide certain services to you. The types of Personal Information that we may collect include, but may not be limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, bank/credit card details, gender, occupation, educational and work history, and the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using.
- Non-Personal Information:This information includes the search terms you have used on our Sites, the pages you have visited and various log information including information about your browser such as the type and language, the date and time of your request, and cookies to identify your browser. Non-Personal Information is not capable of identifying the individual user.
2. When do we collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information from you in a number of different ways including when you provide Personal Information to us over the phone, in person, by email, completing a form or through the use of the Sites. You can browse through the Sites without telling us who you are or providing any Personal Information. With your consent however, in the following circumstances we will collect Personal Information from you:
- when you make a donation or purchase materials;
- requesting merchandise;
- when you participate in or register for an event;
- applications for volunteer or employment opportunities;
- newsletter service;
- posting information on the Sites;
- competitions; and
We may also collect Personal Information from you from time-to-time, to update your existing information, and to acquire new supporters to support our ongoing cause. For example, if you sign a petition we may contact you to ask you to donate to, or get involved in, some other action in connection with the work that we do.
Occasionally we may also collect Personal Information about you from publicly available sources such as the telephone directory, and occasionally from third party sources such as Australia Post or The Prospect Shop. When we do so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that we make you aware of the collection of your information in accordance with the Act.
When we collect Personal Information from you, we expect you will only provide information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will only collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonable or intrusive way.
Where it is lawful and practical to do so, you may have the option of interacting with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym.
If we are not able to collect Personal Information about you we may not be able to provide you with products, services or assistance to the extent that they require us to collect, use or disclose Personal Information.
3. When do we collect non-Personal Information?
As you navigate through the Sites or conduct searches on the Sites, non-Personal Information (including log information such as your page request, date and time of your request and cookies that identify your browser) is collected without you actively providing it. This information allows us to understand how the Sites are used and identify ways in which they can be improved.
Cookies are pieces of information sent to your computer when you access information on that site. Each time you use your computer to access the same site, the information that was previously received is sent back to the site by your browser. Cookies do not identify individual users and do not allow us access to Personal Information (including Sensitive Information) about you. However, when you visit a Site operated by us, our servers may record non-Personal Information about your usage, the time and duration of your visit, the pages you visit and style settings.
4. How do we use the information we collect?
(a) Personal Information: The Personal Information you provide us may be used for a number of purposes connected with services we offer and the purpose for which it was collected, including:
- processing donations;
- fulfilling and processing your requests;
- responding to your queries;
- keeping you up to date with our latest news and special events;
- conducting research or surveys;
- employee and volunteer recruitment;
- updating FARE supporters;
- improving the quality of the Sites and the services we provide; and
- purposes related to those described above which would reasonably be expected by you.
In addition, where you have consented, we may use your Personal Information to conduct marketing by way of mail, telephone, email and SMS. If you do not wish to receive any such information, you always have the right to opt-out of receiving this information and may contact us using the contact details set out in section 10 of the policy.
(b) Non-Personal Information: Non-Personal Information may be used and combined with Personal Information to provide better services to users of the Sites, customise the Sites based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics, recruit new supporters and trends and otherwise administer and improve the Sites for your use.
5. Who we disclosure our information to?
In addition to providing our products and services to you, we may use or disclose Personal Information that we collect about you:
- to provide you with promotional information – in accordance with privacy laws – about our products and services;
- for administrative purposes including research, planning, service development, security and risk management;
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in FARE; or
- to the extent that we are required or authorised by law to do so.
We may also share Personal Information with our related bodies corporate and with third parties. The types of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Information includes:
- service providers including organisations that provide archival, auditing, body corporate, consulting, debt collection, banking, marketing, advertising, mail house, delivery, recruitment, call centre, technology, research, utility and security services;
- government bodies including courts and tribunals;
- credit reporting agencies and credit referees, in accordance with privacy laws;
- your executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney;
- your agents, such as financial or legal advisers; and
- other charitable organisations.
We may use and disclose aggregated non-Personally Identifying information collected through the FARE Sites as part of our process of constantly improving the FARE Sites and FARE’s services and products.
We will not disclose the Personal Information that you provide to advertisers or other organisations without your express consent, although if you post this information on the Sites it may become publicly available.
There are certain circumstances where we are entitled to disclose Personal Information without your consent, including if we believe there is a serious and imminent threat to the life, health or safety of yourself or the public, for legally permitted law enforcement activities, or where otherwise required or authorised by or under law.
6. Access to the Personal Information that we hold about you
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information up-to-date and accurate. You have the right to request access to or correction of any information which relates to you and we will take the appropriate steps to provide you with access to correct information we hold about you.
If you would like to access a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you, or believe that the information we have is not up-to-date, complete or accurate, please contact us as specified below.
When you contact us, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and clearly describe your request or complaint. We will respond within a reasonable period. If we decline your request to access that information or to correct it we will provide you with written notice setting out the reasons why your request has been refused and the mechanisms available to you to make a formal complaint about the refusal.
7. Complaints process
FARE expects its procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you are not satisfied with our response or would like to make a formal complaint you may at any time refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia). More information about the Information Commissioner can be found here: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
8. How we protect your information
FARE has implemented a range of procedures to protect your Personal Information (including Sensitive Information) from modification, misuse, disclosure, loss and unauthorised access. This is done through our technology infrastructure, our internal risk management framework and security policies and procedures, and for all donations and communications through our website via a secure server.
10. How to contact us
Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (ABN 91 096 854 385)
PO Box 19 DEAKIN WEST ACT 2600
Phone: (02) 6122 8600